Frequently Asked Questions for Landlords and Management Companies
The page is to answer landlords and Management Companies questions about the policies offered by AffordableRentersInsurance.com, for policy holders, there is a separate FAQ here
- Are brochures available that I can share with my residents?
- Who is eligible for this insurance?
Persons living in rented multi-unit residential property are eligible for this insurance. The persons named on the Declarations page and their family members residing with them will be covered.
- Can the insured include us as an "Additional Insured" or "Interested Party" on their policy?
Our liability policies provide protection for you against certain losses such as fire and smoke damage caused by your tenants' negligence.
While the policy cannot be modified to specifically show you as an additional insured or interested party, we can issue an "Evidence of Insurance" letter with you listed as an Interested Party, and you will be notified if the tenants' coverage is terminated.
- Can I be notified directly when one my residents orders an insurance policy?
Yes! If your tenant lists you as an interested party, you will receive an email confirmation notifying you immediately after the order is placed. It will include the insured name, address, policy limits, and policy effective date.
- Who is the Named Insured on this policy?
An insured is the person named on the declarations page and that person's family members. Family members are persons related to the insured by blood, marriage or adoption who also reside at your household. If you would like to include room mates that do not fit the previous description to your policy, or are required by a landlord to explicitly include family members, you may add them to your policy during the purchase process or after ordering via the on-line Customer Center if it is prior to the effective date of the policy. Up to four additional insured may be included with your policy.
- What liability limits do you offer?
We offer both $100,000 and $300,000 liability limits, with affordable monthly premiums.
- Does this policy cover damage done by my tenants' pets?
Yes, bodily injury or property damage that is caused by an animal owned by any insured, or in any insured's care,
custody, is covered up to $10,000 for any occurrence.
- Does this policy include medical payments to others?
Yes, this coverage includes payments up to $500 for any occurrence on the residence premises.
- Does this policy cover claims made against the tenant?
If Liability coverage is purchased, the policy covers damages for bodily injury or property damage for a covered occurrence for which an insured becomes liable. An insured is the person(s) named on the declarations page and that person's family members. Family members are persons related to the insured by blood, marriage or adoption who also reside at the household.
- Is there a waiting period before policy in effect?
Coverage will be effective the day after ordering and paying for the policy or at a future date up to thirty days in advance.
- If I have any questions about the insurance protection offered by this policy, how do I get answers?
You can contact our office at (888) 297-1885 for assistance with any questions regarding the insurance protection afforded by this policy. You can also email your questions to info@AffordableRentersInsurance.com.
- I want to make it easier for my residents to purchase insurance. Can you help?
Yes! We can work with you to streamline the ordering process, including special links just for your residents! Contact Us for details.
The policy, not this FAQ section, is the contract of insurance and all coverage is determined by the policy.